Birders, bluebirders, backyard bird fans, and those curious and want to learn more about the passion about this beloved bird species and native cavity-nesting birds, monitoring nestboxes for fledging success, etc: the Virginia Bluebird Society (VBS) has an awesome program lined up at the upcoming State Conference to be held Saturday, November 9, 2013, centrally located in gorgeous Charlottesville! I highly recommend attending if you can, especially if you love bluebirds! Program starts at 9:30 am. $25 registration covers cost for breakfast, lunch, the program and speakers, and an optional birding tour at a lovely location after adjournment at 2:30 pm. Come a little earlier and meet and talk to expert bluebirders.
AGENDA and PROGRAM:
Speakers and program include:
1) Marshall Faintich, PhD, Birding Activity Manager, Rockfish Valley Trail, “The Birds of Wintergreen”,
2) Alycia Crall, PhD, Virginia Master Naturalist Coordinator, “The Virginia Master Naturalist Program: Opportunities for Volunteer Projects with Bluebirds”,
3) Awards Program for 4 outstanding volunteers for bluebirds,
4) Maureen Eiger, Wild Bird Rehabilitator: “Bluebirds in Rehab: When They Should Come In for Care and How They are Returned to the Wild.”, and
5) OPTIONAL event: “Birding at Secluded Farm”, led by Doug Rogers, President, Monticello Bird Club. This conference is held every other year. The VBS website and downloadable program flyer including agenda and driving directions can be found on the VBS website’s main page.
ALL ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND. DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION: Thursday, October 31. For more detailed info, directions, agenda, and to register: Go to the VBS website (see below), click on the “Registration Form” link under the Upcoming Events box on the main page: http://www.virginiabluebirds.org/
VBS is a fully volunteer, non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable conservation organization. Hope to see you there! Feel free to cross-post and share this with others you think might be interested. Thanks, and Happy Birding!
~ Christine Boran, State Coordinator, Virginia Bluebird Society